Ratos AB: Strong earnings and important steps towards a more homogeneous Group
Regulatory Information 2022-10-24
- Adjusted1) EBITA amounted to SEK 432m (365)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 406m (208)
- Diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.61 (0.04) for continuing operations
- Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 562m (-228)
- Adjusted1) EBITA amounted to SEK 1,648m (1,576)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 1,336m (1,277)
- Diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.79 (1.88) for continuing operations
- Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 897m (350)
- Leverage excluding financial leasing was 0.9x (-0.5x)
Significant events during and after the end of the quarter
- On 1 July, NVBS, which is part of the Construction & Services business area, acquired the civil engineering company TKBM Entreprenad AB
- On 9 August, Ratos acquired 70% of the consulting firm Knightec, which is part of the Industry business area
- On 26 September, Ratos announced a recommended cash offer of SEK 157 per share to the shareholders of Semcon AB
- On 3 October, Speed Group, which is part of the Construction & Services business area, acquired the logistics company Scandi Terminal AB
- On 3 October, airteam, which is part of the Construction & Services business area, acquired the ventilation company Grundströms Plåt i Kiruna AB
1) For definition see page 23 in the report. EBITA for Q3 2021 is adjusted with revaluation of listed shares SEK -149m. EBITA for Q1-3 2022 is adjusted with revaluation of listed shares SEK -118m (-280) and restructuring costs of SEK -130m attributable to Diab.
“EBITA amounted to SEK 432m in the quarter and to SEK 1,648m accumulated for the three first quarters, which is the Group’s highest earnings in many years excluding capital gains. Sales in the quarter amounted to SEK 7,039m, up 31 per cent year on year. During the quarter, we continued our path towards a more homogeneous Group. The acquisition of the innovative consulting company Knightec was completed and an offer to the shareholders of Semcon was announced. The path towards a more common structure will involve both sales of Group companies and acquisitions, which together will aim to maintain a strong balance sheet.”
Jonas Wiström, President and CEO, Ratos
A presentation of the interim report will be held today at 09.00 CEST. The presentation will be held in English and will also be available as a webcast on Ratos website, www.ratos.com.
The presentation can be followed on Youtube via the following link; https://youtu.be/HTWvYJxQdyk
Participants who wish to ask questions live are asked to pre-register, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance for a personal invitation.
Representatives of the media are welcome to contact Josefine Uppling, Vice President Communication, for interview requests.
Stockholm 24 October 2022
President and CEO
For further information, please visit www.ratos.com or contact:
Josefine Uppling, Vice President Communication and Sustainability
+46 76 114 54 21
Jonas Ågrup, CFO and IR
+46 8 700 17 00
Jonas Wiström, President and CEO
+46 8 700 17 00
This is information that Ratos AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07:00 a.m. CEST on 24 October 2022.
Ratos is a business group consisting of 15 companies divided into three business areas: Construction & Services, Consumer and Industry. In total 2021, the companies have approximately SEK 26 billion in net sales. Our business concept is to own and develop companies that are or can become market leaders. We have a distinct corporate culture and strategy – everything we do is based on our core values: Simplicity, Speed in execution and It’s All About People. We enable independent companies to excel by being part of something larger. People, leadership, culture and values are key focus areas.