Notice of the AGM
Shareholders of Ratos AB (publ), reg.nr 556008-3585, are hereby invited to the Annual General Meeting to be held at Wednesday, March 10, 2021. In light of the continued COVID-19 pandemic, the AGM will be conducted pursuant to so called mail-in procedures, meaning that no shareholders will attend the AGM in person or through proxy. Instead, shareholders can participate in the AGM by voting and submitting questions in advance pursuant to the instructions described below.
In order to participate in the AGM, a shareholder shall:
a. be registered in the register of shareholders maintained by Euroclear Sweden AB as of Tuesday, March 2, 2021, and
b. notify attendance at the AGM no later than Tuesday, March 9, 2021. The exercise of voting rights in accordance with the mail-in procedure will be considered as a notification from the shareholder to attend the meeting.
Shareholders whose shares are registered in the names of banks or other nominees must temporarily register the shares in their own name in order to be entitled to participate in the AGM via the mail-in process. As such registration must be in place as of Thursday, March 4, 2021, shareholders must inform the nominee of the registration well in advance of that date.
Link to Notification of attendance and Advance voting (requires Swedish Bank ID)
Overview of Mail-In Procedures for the AGM 2021
Due to the continued COVID-19 pandemic and in order to ensure the health and safety of the Company’s shareholders, employees and other stakeholders, the Board of Directors of Ratos AB has resolved on extraordinary meeting procedures pursuant to Section 22 of the temporary act on general meetings (2020:198). Specifically, the following procedures will apply:
- The AGM will take place on Wednesday, March 10, 2021. However, no shareholders, proxy holders or other external persons will be able to attend in person.
- Shareholders will only be able to participate in the AGM by voting on the matters and the proposals on the meeting agenda and submitting questions to the Company in advance. See below, for more details on how.
- The Agenda for the AGM is with certain items being further explained in the Notice of the AGM (see related document).
- There will be no webcast in connection with the AGM. A press release will be issued following the AGM informing of those material items that are approved by the AGM as soon as the outcome of the mail-in voting procedure has been finally established. Details of the actual voting results will be included in the minutes of the meeting and will be published within two weeks thereafter.
Process for Advanced Voting and Questions
A shareholder can exercise his/her/its shareholder’s rights at the AGM by (A) voting in advance on the items on the agenda of the AGM, and (B) submitting questions to the Company in connection with the AGM.
Any registered shareholder intending to participate in the AGM (via advanced voting or questions), must submit the following information in connection with their respective submissions:
- the shareholder’s name,
- personal or organization number,
- email address, and
- telephone number.
The data received will be computerized and used solely for the purpose of the AGM 2021.
For shareholders wishing to participate through an authorized representative (i.e., where such authorized representative is the one submitting advanced voting or questions on behalf of such shareholder), the Company will provide power of attorney templates on the Company’s website. Shareholders participating through an authorized representative must submit the power of attorney together with the voting form. If the shareholder is a legal entity, a copy of a registration certificate or a corresponding document for the legal entity shall be enclosed.
Advance voting will be available as of Monday, February 8, 2021 until Tuesday, March 9, 2021. A shareholder can vote in advance by any of the following methods (for forms, power of attorney and other documents see related documents):
- Website Voting: Voting may be done electronically through signing with BankID via the link above;
- Email Voting: Voting may be submitted by completing the advance voting form (see related documents) and then emailing such form to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org, together with any power of attorney and/or other authorization documents.
- Regular Mail: Voting may be submitted by completing the advance voting form (see related documents) and after completion sending a physical copy (i.e., printed out) of such form, together with any power of attorney and/or other authorization documents (see related documents) to the following address, Computershare AB, ”Ratos årsstämma 2021”, Box 5267, 102 46 Stockholm, Sweden.
A shareholder cannot give any other instructions than selecting one of the options specified at each point in the advanced voting form. A vote (i.e. the postal voting in its entirety) is invalid if the shareholder has modified the form to provide specific instructions or conditions or if pre-printed text is amended or supplemented.
The advanced voting form, together with any enclosed power of attorney and other authorization documentation, must have been received by Ratos no later than on Tuesday, March 9, 2021. If received later, the vote will be disregarded.
For any questions regarding advance voting, please contact Computershare AB, ph.+46 8 518 01 550, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (CET) weekdays.
Questions to the Company in connection with the AGM can be submitted to Ratos up until Sunday, February 28, 2021. Shareholders wishing to pose questions may do so by any of the following methods:
- Email: Questions may be submitted by emailing to the following email address: email@example.com
- Regular Mail: Questions may be submitted by regular mail to the following address, Ratos AB, “Ratos AGM 2021”, P.O. Box 1661, SE-111 51 Stockholm, Sweden.
The shareholder must include name of the shareholder, personal or organization number and postal address, for the question to be answered. The shareholder should also state its email address and telephone number.
Questions submitted by shareholders must have been received by Ratos no later than on Sunday, February 28, 2021, and will be responded to and published not later than on Friday, March 5, 2021. The questions and responses will be available at the Company, Ratos AB, Drottninggatan 2, SE-111 51 Stockholm, Sweden and on the Company’s website, www.ratos.com/en, and will be sent to the shareholder provided the shareholder’s address is known by the Company or provided by the shareholder together with the question.
The Board of Directors and the CEO shall, upon request of a shareholder, and provided that the Board of Directors deems this can be done without causing significant harm to the Company, inform about circumstances which may affect the assessment of an item on the agenda, circumstances which may affect the assessment of the Company’s or its subsidiaries’ financial position or circumstances which may affect the Company’s relationship to other group companies.
For information on how your personal data is processed, see www.euroclear.com/dam/ESw/Legal/Privacy-notice-bolagsstammor-engelska.pdf