Ratos AB: Continued positive performance in the business group – the Group’s earnings impacted by revaluation of shareholding
Regulatory Information 2021-07-16
Performance Ratos business group, adjusted for Ratos’s holdings
- EBITA increased to SEK 1,055m (1,045). In the previous year’s profit, the divested Bisnode was included by SEK 91m
- Net sales decreased to SEK 6,949m (7,221). Net sales increased 2% organically
- Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 1,105m (1,232)
Performance Ratos Group
- The revaluation of shares in Dun & Bradstreet Holding Inc. had a negative impact of SEK 113m on earnings in the quarter
- Profit for the period for the Ratos Group amounted to SEK 679m (780)
- Operating profit from continuing operations for the Ratos Group amounted to SEK 915m (955)
- Diluted earnings per share decreased to SEK 1.90 (2.18)
- Cash and cash equivalents in the parent company totalled SEK 2,338m (1,245)
Significant events during and after the end of the period
- On 1 April, HL Display acquired the company CoolPresentation, thus strengthening its market position in the Netherlands.
- On 17 May, Diab acquired production of ULTEMTM foam from SABIC in order to expand the product offering and better serve high-end core material applications.
- On 20 May, Ratos announced that Aibel’s owners, including Ratos, are considering the possibility of diversifying the company’s ownership, preferably through a listing on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
- On 30 June, the wholly owned KVD Group signed an agreement to acquire 100% of Forsbergs Fritidscenter, which is the largest mobile home and caravan dealer in the Nordics.
“The positive trend in the business group continued in the second quarter. 11 of 12 companies reported stronger or significantly stronger earnings than in the year-earlier period. EBITA rose 1%, despite the fact that the comparative figures for 2020 include SEK 91m from Bisnode. For the current business group, EBITA increased 11%. This means that we reported EBITA growth for the eighth consecutive quarter. Net sales increased 2% organically.”
Jonas Wiström, President and CEO, Ratos
A telephone conference will be held today at 09.00 CEST to present the result. The presentation will be held in English and will also be available as an audiocast on Ratos website, www.ratos.com
Link to the audiocast: https://www.financialhearings.com/event/13558
Those who wish to participate in the conference call in connection with the presentation are welcome to call the number below. To make sure that the connection to the conference call works, call a few minutes before the conference starts to register.
UK +44 333 300 9032
SE: +46 8 566 426 92
US: +1 631 913 1422, PIN for US: 61959798#
Stockholm 16 July 2021
President and CEO
For further information, please visit www.ratos.com or contact:
Jonas Ågrup, CFO
+46 8 700 17 00
Jonas Wiström, President and CEO
+46 8 700 17 00
This is information that Ratos AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07:00 CEST on 16 July 2021.
Ratos is a business group consisting of 12 companies divided into three business areas: Construction & Services, Consumer and Industry. In total 2020, the companies have approximately SEK 34 billion in sales. Our business concept is to develop companies headquartered in the Nordics that are or can become market leaders. We enable independent companies to excel by being part of something larger. People, leadership, culture and values are key focus areas for Ratos. Everything we do is based on Ratos’s core values: Simplicity, Speed in Execution and It’s All About People.