Ratos AB: Improved earnings in the companies, strong order intake and new acquisitions
Regulatory Information 2021-10-25
Performance Ratos Group
- Adjusted1) operating profit from continuing operations amounted to SEK 356m (318)
- Adjusted1) profit for the period amounted to SEK 208m (119)
- Profit for the period was impacted by an unrealized loss of SEK 149m related to the revaluation of shares in Dun & Bradstreet Holding Inc.
- Operating profit from continuing operations amounted to SEK 208m (318)
- Profit for the period amounted to SEK 60m (119)
- Diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.04 (0.31)
Performance Ratos business group, adjusted for Ratos’s holdings
- EBITA amounted to SEK 360m (426). Earnings in the year-earlier period included SEK 76m from the divested company Bisnode
- Net sales amounted to SEK 5,560m (5,577). Net sales increased 2% organically
- Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK -56m (205). The cash flow was impacted by a planned inventory build up in business area Consumer
Significant events during the period
- On 16 July, KVD acquired the company Forsbergs Fritidscenter, which is the largest mobile home dealer in the Nordics.
- On 1 September, HL Display acquired the company Display Italia, which is Italy’s market-leading supplier of in-store communication solutions for grocery retailers in Europe.
1) Adjusted for revaluation of listed shares.
“EBITA in the business group continued to improve (accounting for the divestment of Bisnode), despite major challenges in our operating environment, including shortage of materials. Half of the companies increased their EBITA by nearly 60% or more, and nine of 12 companies reported higher EBITA than in the year-earlier period. Two acquisitions were completed during the quarter, which jointly contributes just over SEK 1 billion in sales on an annual basis. The Group’s earnings were impacted by unrealised losses on the Dun & Bradstreet share of SEK 149m”.
Jonas Wiström, President and CEO, Ratos
A telephone conference will be held today at 09.00 CEST to present the result. The presentation will be held in English and will also be available as an audiocast on Ratos website, www.ratos.com
Link to the audiocast: https://financialhearings.com/event/14007
Those who wish to participate in the conference call in connection with the presentation are welcome to call the number below. To make sure that the connection to the conference call works, call a few minutes before the conference starts to register.
UK: +44 333 300 9271
SE: +46 8 505 583 54
US: +1 646 722 4902
Representatives of the media are welcome to contact Josefine Uppling, VP Communication, for interview requests.
Stockholm 25 October 2021
President and CEO
For further information, please visit www.ratos.com or contact:
Josefine Uppling, Vice President Communication and Sustainability
+46 76 114 54 21
Jonas Ågrup, CFO
+46 8 700 17 00
Jonas Wiström, President and CEO
+46 8 700 17 00
This is information that Ratos AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07:00 CEST on 25 October 2021.
Ratos is a business group consisting of 12 companies divided into three business areas: Construction & Services, Consumer and Industry. In total 2020, the companies have approximately SEK 34 billion in sales. Our business concept is to develop companies headquartered in the Nordics that are or can become market leaders. We enable independent companies to excel by being part of something larger. People, leadership, culture and values are key focus areas for Ratos. Everything we do is based on Ratos’s core values: Simplicity, Speed in Execution and It’s All About People.