Ratos AB: Strong cash flows, reduced leverage and 20% increase in EBITA
Regulatory Information 2023-10-23
- Adjusted EBITA amounted to SEK 517m (432)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 481m (406)
- Profit for the period amounted to SEK 287m (283) and was impacted by net financial items of SEK -172m (-63)
- Diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.57 (0.61)
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 862m (736)
- Adjusted EBITA amounted to SEK 1,918m (1,648)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 1,804m (1,336)
- Profit for the period amounted to SEK 1,026m (834) and was impacted by net financial items of SEK -573m (-267)
- Diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.28 (1.79)
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 3,393m (1,411)
- Leverage excluding finance leases was 1.3x (0.9x)
Significant events during and after the end of the quarter
- In October, Semcon completed the spin-off of its Product Information business area, which is now the new independent company Aleido. Both companies remain as wholly owned Ratos subsidiaries
“EBITA amounted to SEK 517m (432) for the quarter, up 20% year on year. Excluding the acquisition of Semcon, which was completed in the fourth quarter of 2022, EBITA increased 11%. The EBITA margin was 6.5% (6.1). The Group’s sales in the period increased 13% to SEK 7,971m. Cash flow increased 17% to SEK 862m. Leverage declined to 1.3x, compared with 2.5x at year-end.”
Jonas Wiström, President and CEO, Ratos
A presentation of the interim report will be held today at 09.00 CEST. The presentation will be held in English and will also be available as a webcast on Ratos website, www.ratos.com.
The presentation can be followed on Youtube via the following link;
Participants who wish to ask questions live are asked to pre-register, please send an e-mail to email@example.com in advance for a personal invitation.
Representatives of the media are welcome to contact Josefine Uppling, Vice President Communication, for interview requests.
Stockholm 23 October 2023
President and CEO
For further information, please visit www.ratos.com or contact:
Josefine Uppling, Vice President Communication and Sustainability
+46 76 114 54 21
Jonas Ågrup, CFO and IR
+46 8 700 17 00
Jonas Wiström, President and CEO
+46 8 700 17 00
This is information that Ratos AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07:00 a.m. CEST on 23 October 2023.
Ratos is a business group consisting of 17 companies divided into three business areas: Construction & Services, Consumer and Industry. The companies have approximately SEK 34 billion in net sales (LTM). Our business concept is to own and develop companies that are or can become market leaders. We have a distinct corporate culture and strategy – everything we do is based on our core values: Simplicity, Speed in execution and It’s All About People. We enable independent companies to excel by being part of something larger. People, leadership, culture and values are key focus areas.