Ratos AB: Strong quarter in a challenging environment
Regulatory Information 2022-05-02
- Adjusted1) EBITA amounted to SEK 253m (176)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 5m (154)
- Loss for the period was SEK -139m (1,733). Capital gains from the sale of Bisnode, which amounted to SEK 1 816m, had a positive effect on the preceding year’s profit
- Diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.66 (-0.01) for continuing operations
- Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK -489m (-610). Cash flow was impacted by a planned seasonally inventory build-up in the Consumer business area
- Leverage excluding financial leasing amounted to 0.9x (-0.4x)
Significant events during the quarter
- On 1 March, Plantasjen, which is part of the Consumer business area, acquired Flyinge Plantshop AB
- On 30 March, Ratos signed an agreement to acquire 74% of NVBS Rail Group Holding AB (NVBS), which will be part of the Construction & Services business area
- During the quarter all operations in and sales to Russia has been ceased. Ratos financial impact of this decision is limited
1) For definition see page 20 in the report. EBITA for Q1 2022 is adjusted with revaluation of listed shares SEK -100m (-19) and restructuring costs of SEK -130m attributable to Diab, which was announced in connection to the Q4-report.
“Adjusted EBITA for the quarter amounted to SEK 253m (176), up 44% year-on-year. Sales increased 40% with robust organic growth. Overall, I think that this is an excellent demonstration of Ratos’s strength, considering the challenges in our operating environment. At the end of the quarter, Ratos signed an agreement to acquire NVBS.”
Jonas Wiström, President and CEO, Ratos
A telephone conference will be held today at 09.00 CEST to present the result. The presentation will be held in English and will also be available as an audiocast on Ratos website, www.ratos.com.
Link to the audiocast: https://financialhearings.com/event/44160
Those who wish to participate in the conference call in connection with the presentation are welcome to call the number below. To make sure that the connection to the conference call works, call a few minutes before the conference starts to register.
UK: +44 333 300 9274
SE: +46 8 505 583 54
US: +1 646 722 4956
Representatives of the media are welcome to contact Josefine Uppling, Vice President Communication, for interview requests.
Stockholm 2 May 2022
President and CEO
For further information, please visit www.ratos.com or contact:
Josefine Uppling, Vice President Communication and Sustainability
+46 76 114 54 21
Jonas Ågrup, CFO and IR
+46 8 700 17 00
Jonas Wiström, President and CEO
+46 8 700 17 00
This is information that Ratos AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 07:00 a.m. CEST on 2 May 2022.
Ratos is a business group consisting of 13 companies divided into three business areas: Construction & Services, Consumer and Industry. In total 2021, the companies have approximately SEK 35 billion in sales. Our business concept is to own and develop companies that are or can become market leaders. We have a distinct corporate culture and strategy – everything we do is based on our core values: Simplicity, Speed in execution and It’s All About People. We enable independent companies to excel by being part of something larger. People, leadership, culture and values are key focus areas.