Ratos AB: Strong quarterly and annual earnings as well as several acquisitions – transition from investment company to Group is completed
Regulatory Information 2022-02-14
Performance Ratos Group
- Adjusted1) operating profit amounted to SEK 215m (198)
- Adjusted1) profit for the period amounted to SEK 220m (97)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 379m (198)
- Profit for the period amounted to SEK 383m (97)
- Profit for the period was impacted positively by an unrealised gain of SEK 164m related to the revaluation of shares in Dun & Bradstreet Holding Inc.
- Diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.94 (0.05)
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 234m (724). Cash flow was impacted by a planned inventory build-up in the Consumer business area. Bisnode was included in the comparative period, which also affected the change compared with the previous year
- Adjusted1) operating profit amounted to SEK 1,772m (1,457)
- Adjusted1) profit for the period amounted to SEK 2,971m (883)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 1,656m (1,457)
- Profit for the period amounted to SEK 2,855m (883) and was affected positively by the capital gain from the sale of Bisnode
- Profit for the period was impacted negatively by an unrealised loss of SEK 116m related to the revaluation of shares in Dun & Bradstreet Holding Inc.
- Diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 8.10 (2.17). Excluding the capital gain from the sale of Bisnode, diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.83
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 1,448m (3,201). Cash flow was impacted by a planned inventory build-up in the Consumer business area. Bisnode was included in the comparative period, which also affected the change compared with the previous year
- The Board of Ratos proposes a dividend for full-year 2021 of SEK 1.20 per share (0.95)
Significant events during the quarter
- On 30 November, Ratos acquired the company Presis Infra in the Construction & Services business area
- On 16 December, Ratos announced the establishment of Svensk Samverkansentreprenad Aktiebolag (SSEA) Group with the ambition of becoming Sweden’s leading construction group in partnering and collaboration contracts
- On 30 December, Speed Group, which is part of the Construction & Services business area, acquired Dream Logistics’ transport management services (4PL)
1) Adjusted for revaluation of listed shares.
“Full-year and quarterly EBITA for the group improved by 23% and 13%, respectively, excluding the capital gain from the divestment of Bisnode and the change in value of the D&B shares. Our diversified business areas stands strong together in a turbulent operating environment, with supply chain challenges, increased costs for input goods and Covid-19 infections at workplaces. Earnings per share developed very positively”.
Jonas Wiström, President and CEO, Ratos
A telephone conference will be held today at 09.00 CET to present the result. The presentation will be held in English and will also be available as an audiocast on Ratos website, www.ratos.com
Link to the audiocast: https://financialhearings.com/event/43323
Those who wish to participate in the conference call in connection with the presentation are welcome to call the number below. To make sure that the connection to the conference call works, call a few minutes before the conference starts to register.
UK: +44 333 300 9264
SE: +46 8 566 426 93
US: +1 646 722 4903
Representatives of the media are welcome to contact Josefine Uppling, VP Communication, for interview requests.
Stockholm 14 February 2022
President and CEO
For further information, please visit www.ratos.com or contact:
Josefine Uppling, Vice President Communication and Sustainability
+46 76 114 54 21
Jonas Ågrup, CFO
+46 8 700 17 00
Jonas Wiström, President and CEO
+46 8 700 17 00
This is information that Ratos AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07:00 CET on 14 February 2022.
Ratos is a business group consisting of 13 companies divided into three business areas: Construction & Services, Consumer and Industry. In total 2020, the companies have approximately SEK 36 billion in sales. Our business concept is to develop companies headquartered in the Nordics that are or can become market leaders. We enable independent companies to excel by being part of something larger. People, leadership, culture and values are key focus areas for Ratos. Everything we do is based on Ratos’s core values: Simplicity, Speed in Execution and It’s All About People.