Ratos: Interim report January-June 2016
Regulatory Information 2016-08-19
This information is information that Ratos AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation.
The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08.00 CET on 19 August 2016.
Development in company portfolio
- Sales growth of +8%, with net sales adjusted for the size of Ratos's holding amounting to SEK 11,623m (10,736)
- Earnings trend of -9%, mainly due to the weak performance of GS-Hydro. Adjusted for the size of Ratos's holding, adjusted EBITA in the portfolio totalled SEK 624m (683)
Acquisitions and divestments
- Acquisition of Serena Properties and airteam completed in January and April, respectively
- Agreement to acquire the camping and outdoor equipment company Oase Outdoors signed in June
- Agreement to acquire the design company Gudrun Sjödén Group signed after the close of the period
- Profit/share of profits from companies totalled SEK 184m (401), a decline mainly attributable to weaker earnings in the portfolio and a changed company portfolio
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK -0.40 (+0.65)
- Cash and cash equivalents in the parent company totalled SEK 2,430m (2,990)
At 10.00 CET a telephone conference will be held, participant connection: UK: +44 20 3008 9808, SE: +46 8 566 425 09, US: +1 855 831 5945. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.ratos.se where presentation material also is available. The telephone conference will be recorded and available at www.ratos.se.
Stockholm 19 August 2016
Ratos AB (publ)
For further information, please contact:
Lars Johansson, CEO, +46 8 700 17 00
Elin Ljung, Head of Corporate Communications, +46 8 700 17 20
Financial calendar from Ratos:
|Interim report January-September 2016||10 November 2016|
|Year-end report 2016||17 February 2017|
|Interim report January-March 2017||8 May 2017|
|Interim report January-June 2017||17 August 2017|
|Interim report January-September 2017||6 November 2017|
Ratos is an investment company that owns and develops unlisted medium-sized Nordic companies. Our goal as an active owner is to contribute to the long-term and sustainable business development in the companies we invest in and to make value-generating transactions. Ratos's portfolio consists of 19 medium-sized Nordic companies and the largest segments in terms of sales are Construction, Industrials and Consumer goods/Retail. Ratos is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and has a total of approximately 16,000 employees.