Ratos: Interim report January-June 2017
Regulatory Information 2017-08-17
P R E S S R E L E A S E 17 August 2017
This information is information that Ratos AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Market Act.
The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08.00 CET on 17 August 2017.
Development in company portfolio
- Sales growth +2%
- EBITA amounted to SEK 757m (625), +21%
- Adjusted EBITA totalled SEK 777m (806), -4%
Acquisitions and divestments
- Agreement signed for the divestment of Nebula, exit gain SEK 515m. The divestment was completed after the end of the period
- Agreement signed for the divestment of Serena Properties, exit gain approximately SEK 90m. The divestment is expected to be completed during the third quarter
- Divestment of the remaining shareholding in Arcus during the first quarter, exit gain SEK 33m
- Divestment of AH Industries completed during the first quarter, exit loss amounted to SEK 32m
- Consolidated net sales SEK 12,303m (12,274)
- Profit before tax SEK 514m (7)
- Earnings per share before and after dilution SEK 0.59 (-0.40)
- Redemption of all Class C preference shares, total redemption proceeds amount to SEK 1,300m
- Cash and cash equivalents in the parent company SEK 1,281m (2,430)
At 10.00 CET a telephone conference will be held, participant connection: UK: +44 20 3008 9801, SE: +46 8 566 426 92, US: +1 855 753 2235. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.ratos.se where presentation material also is available. The telephone conference will be recorded and available at www.ratos.se.
Stockholm 17 August 2017
For further information, please contact:
Helene Gustafsson, Head of IR & Press, +46 8 700 17 98
Financial calendar from Ratos:
Interim report January-September 2017 14 November 2017
Year-end report 2017 16 February 2018
Interim report January-March 2018 3 May 2018
Interim report January-June 2018 17 August 2018
Interim report January-September 2018 25 October 2018
Ratos is an investment company that owns and develops unlisted medium-sized Nordic companies. Our goal as an active owner is to contribute to the long-term and sustainable business development in the companies we invest in and to make value-generating transactions. Ratos's portfolio consists of 15 medium-sized Nordic companies and the largest segments in terms of sales are Industrials, Consumer goods/retail and Construction. Ratos is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and has a total of approximately 14,000 employees.