Ratos: Interim report January-September 2016
Regulatory Information 2016-11-10
10 November 2016
This information is information that Ratos AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation.
The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08.00 CET on 10 November 2016.
Development in company portfolio
- Sales growth of +9%, adjusted for the size of Ratos's holding, net sales amounted to SEK 17,981m (16,511)
- Adjusted EBITA development of -4%, adjusted for the size of Ratos's holding, mainly due to weak performance of GS-Hydro. The portfolio's adjusted EBITA amounted to SEK 1,100m (1,145)
- EBITA development of -15%, adjusted for the size of Ratos's holding. The portfolio's EBITA amounted to SEK 894 Mkr (1,050)
Acquisitions and divestments
- The acquisitions of Serena Properties, airteam, Oase Outdoors and Gudrun Sjödén Group were completed
- Agreement to acquire Plantagen, the Nordic region's leading retail chain for plants and gardening accessories
Events after the end of the period
- Divestment of Euromaint agreed in October - no exit gain
- Preparing Arcus for an IPO
- The impairment of book values in Aibel, AH Industries, Biolin Scientific, Euromaint and Jøtul amounted to SEK 1.7 billion, attributable to the owners of the parent, of which SEK 1.1 billion is attributable to Aibel
- Profit/share of profits from companies amounted to SEK 332m (611), a decline attributable to a weak earnings trend in the companies and a changed company portfolio
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK -5.74 (3.34).
- Cash and cash equivalents in the parent company totalled SEK 1,627m (4,282)
At 10.00 CET a telephone conference will be held, participant connection: UK: +44 20 3008 9808, SE: +46 8 566 425 09, US: +1 855 831 5945. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.ratos.se where presentation material also is available. The telephone conference will be recorded and available at www.ratos.se.
Stockholm 10 November 2016
Ratos AB (publ)
For further information, please contact:
Lars Johansson, acting CEO, +46 8 700 17 00
Elin Ljung, Head of Corporate Communications, +46 8 700 17 20
Helene Gustafsson, IR Manager, +46 8 700 17 98
Financial calendar from Ratos:
Year-end report 2016 17 February 2017
Ratos is an investment company that owns and develops unlisted medium-sized Nordic companies. Our goal as an active owner is to contribute to the long-term and sustainable business development in the companies we invest in and to make value-generating transactions. Ratos's portfolio consists of 21 medium-sized Nordic companies and the largest segments in terms of sales are Construction, Consumer goods/Retail and Industrials. Ratos is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and has a total of approximately 16,000 employees.