Ratos: Interim report January-September 2017
Regulatory Information 2017-11-14
Press release 14 November 2017
This information is information that Ratos AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation.
The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08.00 CET on 14 November 2017.
Development in company portfolio
- Sales unchanged
- EBITA amounted to SEK 1,006m (938), +7%
- Adjusted EBITA totalled SEK 1,045m (1,124), -7%
Acquisitions and divestments
- Divestment of Nebula completed in the third quarter, exit gain SEK 515m
- Divestment of Serena Properties completed in the third quarter, exit gain SEK 79m
- GS-Hydro Holding Oy and GS-Hydro Oy were declared bankrupt in the third quarter
- Divestment of the remaining shareholding in Arcus in the first quarter, exit gain SEK 33m
- Divestment of AH Industries completed in the first quarter, exit loss SEK 32m
- Consolidated net sales SEK 17,647m (18,579)
- Profit before tax SEK 1,255m (-2,220)
- Earnings per share before and after dilution SEK 2.73 (-5.74)
- Redemption of all Class C preference shares, total redemption proceeds SEK 1,300m
- Cash and cash equivalents in the parent company SEK 2,405m (1,627)
At 10.00 CET a telephone conference will be held, participant connection: UK: +44 20 3008 9804, SE: +46 8 506 395 49, US: +1 855 753 2235. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.ratos.se where presentation material also is available. The telephone conference will be recorded and available at www.ratos.se.
Stockholm 14 November 2017
For further information, please contact:
Helene Gustafsson, Head of IR & Press, +46 8 700 17 98
Financial calendar from Ratos:
Year-end report 2017 16 February 2018
Interim report January-March 2018 3 May 2018
Annual General Meeting 2018 3 May 2018
Interim report January-June 2018 17 August 2018
Interim report January-September 2018 25 October 2018
Ratos is an investment company that owns and develops unlisted medium-sized Nordic companies. Our goal as an active owner is to contribute to the long-term and sustainable business development in the companies we invest in and to make value-generating transactions. Ratos's portfolio consists of 14 medium-sized Nordic companies and the largest segments in terms of sales are Industrials, Consumer goods/retail and Construction. Ratos is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and has a total of approximately 13,400 employees.