Ratos-owned Speed Group acquires Dream Logistics’ 4PL operations


The logistics and staffing company Speed Group, which is 70% owned by Ratos AB, has signed an agreement with Dream Logistics to acquire shares in the company’s subsidiary for transport management services, known as fourth-party logistics (4PL).

The company is based in Mölndal, Sweden and is expected to have sales of SEK 100m for 2022, with an EBITA margin of approximately 3%, which is in line with other 4PL providers. The agreement signed by Speed Group is for the acquisition of 80% of the shares in the company. The company’s Managing Director, Fredrik Krysén, will continue to own the remaining 20% of the shares.


“This acquisition is strategically important for Speed Group, since it helps expand the existing offering to include transport management services. This will strengthen the company’s position in both the short and long term. As an owner, we’re pleased with Speed Group’s positive development coming in the wake of the constantly growing demand for the company’s services,” says Christian Johansson Gebauer, Chairman of Speed Group and President Business Area Construction and Services, Ratos.


“Dream Logistics’ 4PL operations, led by Managing Director Fredrik Krysén, are a perfect complement to Speed Group’s service offering. The company’s expertise in logistics consulting, transport management and implementing effective and cost-efficient transport solutions means that we provide our customers with a more holistic approach in terms of sustainable, effective and complete logistics solutions,” says Mats Johnson, CEO of Speed Group.



For further information
Christian Johansson Gebauer
Chairman of the Board of Speed Group and President Business Area Construction and Services, Ratos
+46 8 700 17 00

Mats Johnson
CEO, Speed Group
+46 73 367 75 45



About Speed Group
Speed Group is a corporate group based in Borås, Sweden that offers innovative and sustainable solutions to complex logistics and staffing challenges. The company is one of the Nordic region’s leading third-party logistics (3PL) providers, with effective automation solutions and nearly 200,000 square metres of warehouse space in Borås, Gothenburg and Stockholm. At 30 September, rolling 12-month sales for Speed Group amounted to SEK 945m and the EBITA margin was 11%.


About Ratos
Ratos is a business group consisting of 13 companies divided into three business areas: Construction & Services, Consumer and Industry. In total 2020, the companies have approximately SEK 36 billion in sales. Our business concept is to develop companies headquartered in the Nordics that are or can become market leaders. We enable independent companies to excel by being part of something larger. People, leadership, culture and values are key focus areas for Ratos. Everything we do is based on Ratos’s core values: Simplicity, Speed in Execution and It’s All About People.